How We Help You Sell Your Home
We will guide you through the home selling process to make the experience easy for you, whether you still live in the property or if you live out of town. We maintain communication with you throughout the selling process to make sure you never have to ask, “What’s the next step?”
Our goal is to not just sell your home, but to also share our knowledge and expertise with you to help you make the best and most informed decisions during the home selling process.
With the Dean Team, you get two agents working together to sell your home for the best price, with the ideal terms, in the shortest amount of time.
Dean Team’s Guarantees To Our Sellers
- Professional photographs from our preferred photographer
- A personalized local and international marketing plan
- A showcasing of the home to agents and brokers
- Engaging open houses to the public
Your Personalized Marketing Plan
We utilize our team’s creativity and focus, with the power of the global Sotheby’s International Realty brand, to ensure we reach as many buyers as possible for your property. Before placing your home on the market, the Dean Team will meet with you to create a personalized marketing plan that best features your home to prospective buyers. Each property is unique and should be strategically marketed accordingly.
We will regularly communicate with you about the progress of the marketing plan, including feedback from open house guests and statistics from online traffic to determine if any changes to market conditions or comparable properties for sale warrant strategic modifications to the marketing plan.
See our sample marketing materials from properties we have already sold for an idea of what tools and advertising options are available.
How To Prepare Your Home To Sell
The overall goal in preparing a home to go to market is to create a warm, welcoming, and mostly neutral space that fosters a strong first impression for buyers. While the most important rooms to buyers tend to be the kitchen and bathrooms, the entire home and any outside space should be prepped as well. We are happy to help every step of the way, with advice, our eye for design and detail, and a little elbow grease!
- Thoroughly clean, declutter and depersonalize the property.
- Organize storage spaces, including closets, table tops, shelves, patios, and balconies.
- Remove any excess furniture.
- Put away any personal photographs, knick-knacks or home decor that detracts from a strong first impression for buyers.
- Make any necessary minor repairs.
- Decide if new paint, flooring, or landscaping are necessary to create the best first impression for buyers and marketing materials.
- Neutral colors are ideal for paint, including shades of gray or white with a touch of a secondary hue.
- We have accompanied clients to stores such as Home Depot and Lowe’s to pick out paint colors, carpeting, and tile flooring, and we are happy to help you too.
- Fully stage the property, partially stage the property, or rearrange existing furniture with minor interior decorating as necessary.
- We will schedule photo and/or video shoots to allow for enough time beforehand for preparation and also with enough time afterwards to create marketing materials before the first open house.
I had the good fortune of meeting Edward at an open house before I had moved to San Diego. I worked with him for the better part of a year seeing approximately 100 different homes before settling on a house that met all of my pretty demanding list. I have worked with several real estate …
Edward and his team are incredible! We were really fortunate to meet him and his wife. He is one of the most hardworking and responsive people we’ve ever met. Our property in mission valley needed to be sold asap and we had some glitches with renovations that we’ve done there. Of course, Edward provided several …